KDPOF Designs First Optical 1000BASE-RH SFP Module
Test Houses Welcome New Small Form-factor Pluggable Transceiver Module for Evaluation of Optical Gigabit Ethernet in Vehicles
Madrid (Spain) July 27, 2022 – KDPOF, leading supplier for gigabit connectivity over fiber optics, has developed and validated the first 1000BASE-RH SFP module for optical gigabit connectivity in vehicles. The design of the new small form-factor pluggable transceiver module is based on a standard SFP supporting MSA registers via I2C bus. The module can operate at 100 and 1,000 Mb/s. It integrates the whole 1000BASE-RHC PHY and the header connector for SI-POF optical harness. “Our new SFP module has been tested and validated in a functional demo recently,” stated Carlos Pardo, CEO and Co-founder of KDPOF. “We are proud to accomplish the first milestone for future commercial optical 1000BASE-RH SFP modules, which will integrate into the optical ecosystem in automotive.”
Suds Rajagopal, Co-founder and Vice President of Aukua Systems, a leading provider of precision Ethernet & IP Test and Monitoring solutions, welcomes the new SFP from KDPOF: “As a test tool supplier for automotive Ethernet, we have been looking forward to this module. We are happy to integrate the optical 1000BASE-RH interfaces in our test equipment for evaluating KDPOF’s optical network design.”
The new SFP supports 1000BASE-X, 100BASE-X, and SGMII (with and without auto-negotiation) as electrical interfaces. It monitors the received optical power, the link margin, the junction temperature, and the supply voltages, among others.
The SFP design has been sampled and validated. Presently, KDPOF and Aukua are collaborating to optimize the 1000BASE-RHC SFP and make it available in the third quarter of 2022.
Fabless semiconductor supplier KDPOF provides innovative high-speed optical networking for harsh environments. KDPOF made gigabit communications overstep-index plastic optical fiber (SI-POF) a reality for automotive. Founded in 2010 in Madrid, Spain, KDPOF offers its cost-effective technology as a fully qualified automotive-grade ASSP. KDPOF’s technology makes use of innovative digital adaptive algorithms to maximize the receiver’s sensitivity. This supports high-yield and reliable optoelectronics production in low-cost bulk CMOS deep submicron nodes, delivering carmakers low risk, low cost, and short time-to-market.
- KDPOF Endorses IEEE 802.3cz Standard Entering the Finishing Straight of Final Release
- KDPOF and Würth Elektronik Cooperate for Optical Automotive Multi-gigabit Ethernet
- First Optical Automotive Ethernet Transmitter Test Demo Displays Proof of Concept for Multi-gigabit
- First Automotive Gigabit Ethernet Switch with Optical Ports
- TRUMPF and KDPOF Become Strategic Partners for Automotive Data Communications Solutions
- KDPOF Complements Renesas' New Vehicle Computer VC4
- Proposed IEEE Optical Multi-gigabit Automotive Standard Achieves Milestone
- Funzin Integrates KDPOF ICs in New Devices “FAIP 3.0” and “Photon”
- Aukua Systems Introduces New XGA4250 High Speed 3-in-1 Ethernet & IP Test Platform